The first and most complete application of the Garmin store for wake boarding, wake cable, water skiing and jet skiing, currently available in 4 languages (English, French, Spanish, Italian).
Six screens are available:
- screen 1: main screen (current speed, the number of spin made since the beginning of the session, the elapsed distance, the accelerometer, the time in stop / pause mode, or the chrono in running mode, and the indicator GPS signal quality (green = good, orange = medium, red = poor or nonexistent), and the type of activity in progress (different icon displayed on screen)
- screen 2: screen of the current session (accelerometer, heart rate with colored HR zones, distances, times, speeds and number of spin) -> see the descriptive image below for more explanations
- screen 3: uses the same data as the second screen, but in graphical form, with the addition of the time (in 12/24 hour format) and the current speed -> see the descriptive image below for more explanations
- screen 4: screen of the best scores realized -> see the descriptive image below for more explanations
- statistical screen: the total duration of all sessions combined, the total distance, the total number of spin, all sessions combined, and the efficiency ratio over the wind
- end session screen: displays a summary of the main data obtained during the session
In the FIT file, the following data are saved:
- speed (graph, Garmin default data)
- altitude (graph, default Garmin data)
- calorie expenditure during the session (summary, default Garmin data)
- the number of spins (summary)
- the number of laps when a wake cable session is selected and saved (summary)
- the average ratio of efficiency over wind on the session (summary)
- the rating of your session (summary)
Note: all the options set in the menu are permanently saved into the watch so, no need to configure them each time you launch the application.
Given its complexity and time spent developing, the price of this application is set to 10 US dollars.
For further detailed explanations, you can consult the detailed images below.
Despite all the care taken in this application, it could remain some hidden bugs, or possible malfunctions. Therefore, thank you to contact me directly by email to inform me rather than posting bad comments on the site, I will then do what is necessary to fix the issue as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.
Currently unemployed, I develop applications for the Garmin community to stay active and in the wind.
The paid version can be unlocked via my Paypal account (see the link above), with the possibility to pay with credit cards too.
Don't forget to mention the name of the application, JMG-APP Wakeboarding, your gender (0= female, 1 = male), your birth year and your height mentioned in your Garmin profile, in your PayPal comment.
Please, feel free to enjoy !
Entering the activation code
for all watch models, the activation code is entered directly from the application menu:
menu -> Options -> Activation Code -> Unlock Code
Preparing and using the app
- launch the application, like any other application
- first, you should set the application to your needs (background color, units, etc.). To do this, enter the application menu (long press the UP button) and select the parameters at your convenience. All the choices made in the menu are permanently stored on the watch so there is no need to re-enter them each time the application is launched.
- point the north of your watch facing the wind in order to recover its course in degrees (at the top right of the main screen, you have an area indicating the current course). If this small area is red, you need to capture the wind direction (Menu -> Wind axis + confirm), the area changes color to green. This parameter will allow you to determine and save the wind efficiency graph otherwise, no graph will be visible).
Interpretation: the more the value of this data is close to 100% and the less you have undergone the constraints of the wind, and vice versa otherwise
- finally, launch the session by pressing the START key (the red zone of the waves course becomes green)
- scrolling screens is achieved by simply clicking the UP or DOWN keys
- when you perform a cable wake session, the number of laps is counted automatically (for this, remember to start the session at the starting point of the course)
- you can pause the session by pressing the START key then "Pause" menu, and resume recording with a second press on the same key then, "Resume" menu
(pause = orange dots, active = green dots, stop = red dots)
- to end the session, you press the START key, a menu appears, proposing you to either reject or save the session. Then, a summary screen will be proposed to you, summarizing the main data of the session
- to quit the application in stop mode (when no session has been started), click on the LAP button, not on the START button
- the current time is displayed in the following 3 modes: when the application is waiting to be started, in pause mode, and in the minimalist screen otherwise, the timer is displayed.
You have the option to reset two types of data:
Note that the reset is an irreversible function, all data will be lost after this action.
In order to have the time permanently displayed on the screen, you can activate the minimalist screen: this screen presents the essentials and the minimum information, with an extended font (time, chrono, current speed, and colored arches - see the meaning of these arcs on the descriptive image below). This screen is easily readable during navigation, especially for surfers with a visual weakness and who can not wear their glasses in navigation.
This screen is activated in the application menu - Options -> Essential Wide ->Activate on/off
When it is activated, it is displayed when the session is started and therefore active. When you put the session in pause mode, this screen disappears to make room for all other screens, so you can, for example, see your performance / detailed information when you pause. When you restart your session, the minimalist screen reappears again.